Wednesday, August 23, 2006

what time is it over there?

I have been very fortunate to have lived in four different countries by the age of um..27 (I sometimes have to stop & think about how old I am). To be able to experience different cultures, make lifelong friends & growing up with families that are spread out has been fantastic to say the least.

Two of these countries are on the other side of the world. Bombay was a playground for my younger years and the Bombay I reminisce about is a cleaner, less populated, child & environmentally cleaner city of 25 years past. During those years, I vacationed in Dubai, eventually joined my expat parents & spent my high school years there. Most of my high school friends have now moved out to other parts of the world while most of my family still reside there. Migrating to Canada in my late teens along with my family & spending my university years in addition to some more was also an experience like no other. Toronto is truly home to us. And here we are now, Hubby & me, in beautiful Bermuda.

So how do you keep in touch with everyone? Enter the internet, the age of instant messaging & VOiP. It’s always fun when you first get in touch with an old friend or family member whom you have heard from in eons. Exchanging information has never been faster as snail mail is becoming a thing of the past. The only problem is keeping track of all the time zones. I have at least four to remember, not only the places that I have lived in, but also other places where family & friends have moved out to. To get rid of the time zone chaos enter my own personal world clock which I am pleased to share with you. It’s also listed on the Links list on the left hand side of this page. So the next time I am chatting with family or friends, we need not ask each other the most common question that circulates, ‘what time is it over there?’

---

No comments: