Friday, July 11, 2008

Hurricane Bertha

If you're in Bermuda right now, you're probably almost ready for Hurricane Bertha, with its closest point of approach slated 157 kms away tomorrow at 19:00 hrs (which keeps changing). If you click on the link, you'll see that the hurricane path is one where it's almost a direct hit. These are the only kind of hurricanes that Bermuda exeriences. High surf conditions have already been reported at many of the beaches. I wish I could have been there to snap up some shots, because it's actually quite daunting standing at the shore, watching waves that are taller than you come crashing down at the shore. Of course, a 'no beach' advisory is on, but that's not going to deter a few daring ones to go check out the surf, and perhaps take a few pictures.

So, while I am glad we are not there to go through the mayhem, I hope everyone stays safe. I know it's not the best way to spend this weekend, definitely not the best way to start off the weekend. You know, Happy Hour has been shot to hell, there will be no celebration tonight. I hope no one was planning to get married this weekend. Can you imagine the anxiety? That would be one Bridezilla on the run, and frankly, I would not blame her. I'd be pretty upset too if my wedding was ruined by a hurricane.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mr & Mrs Cayman,

Apparently Bertha has been downgraded to a tropical storm - but we're still been advised to keep a watch. I've brought in the hanging plants, stocked up on my candles. Am at work at the moment but there's lots (LOTS) of rain coming down right now...and you know for us Bermudians that's gold! Hope all is well with you guys...stay healthy and safe. God bless.