Thursday, December 06, 2007

why did the chicken cross the road?

Driving into town on Monday, I almost ran over two roosters. They were both crossing the road, not together because that would be too weird (no jokes please). One actually made it a point to use the pedestrian crossing (still no jokes please) & the other just damn well ran through like he owned the road (like some people). Damn things. I know they mean well when they say free range chickens in Bermuda but this is a little too free, don't you think? I'd cringe if I were to be a part of any kind of rooster roadkill because I saw one a few weeks ago and it was not pretty. So, what are the chances of one of those roosters being one of the baby chicks from my Oct 30th post. It only takes a few months for a chick to grow into a full grown chicken, right?

2 comments:

ZenDenizen said...

Sounds pretty cocky of them.

(sorry someone had to say it :)

MS CUTE PANTS said...

LOL Yes, you know how those 'roosters' are...forever strutting their stuff in our faces.